Chickpea vegie bowls
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 1 x 400g jar no-added-salt tomato passata
- 1 x 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed, drained
- 1 courgettezucchiniX, finely chopped
- 1 x 450g packet microwave brown rice
- 150g green beans, cut into 1cm pieces
- 80g baby kale leaves, to serve
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced, to serve
1 Lightly spray a large saucepan with olive oil and heat over medium–high heat. Add onion, celery and carrot and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add garlic, ginger and seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
2 Add passata, chickpeas, courgette and 1 cup water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
3 Meanwhile, heat rice according to packet instructions. Add beans to stew and simmer, uncovered, for 2–3 minutes or until tender. Top rice with stew and serve with kale and avocado.
If you can’t find baby kale leaves at your local supermarket, use baby rocket as these have a similar peppery flavour.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.8g
–Saturated fat 3.6g
Dietary fibre 16.3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like