Teriyaki tempeh bowl
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 250g tempeh, in 5mm slices
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- ½ head broccoli, in small florets
- 200g soba noodles
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g pea shoots or microgreens
- ¼ cup wasabi vegannaise (¼ cup vegan mayonnaise plus 2-3 teaspoons wasabi paste)
- ¼ cup pickled ginger, to garnish
- 1 sheet nori, cut into thin strips, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
Total fat 25g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 15g
1 In a bowl, place slices of tempeh. Add teriyaki sauce, toss and set aside to marinate.
2 In a large pot of boiling water, blanch broccoli for about 3-4 minutes. Remove broccoli and set aside. Add soba noodles to the pot of boiling water and cook, following packet instructions, until al dente.
3 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Place tempeh slices in pan and cook until golden brown and a little crispy on both sides.
4 Divide noodles among 4 bowls, top with tempeh and vegetables and drizzle with any extra teriyaki marinade. Drizzle with wasabi vegannaise and garnish with ginger, nori and sesame seeds.
Make it gluten: free Use gluten-free noodles and check tempeh, teriyaki sauce, mayonnaise and wasabi paste are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us