Teriyaki tempeh bowlReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 250g tempeh, in 5mm slices
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- ½ head broccoli, in small florets
- 200g soba noodles
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled into ribbons
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100g pea shoots or microgreens
- ¼ cup wasabi vegannaise (¼ cup vegan mayonnaise plus 2-3 teaspoons wasabi paste)
- ¼ cup pickled ginger, to garnish
- 1 sheet nori, cut into thin strips, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
1 In a bowl, place slices of tempeh. Add teriyaki sauce, toss and set aside to marinate.
2 In a large pot of boiling water, blanch broccoli for about 3-4 minutes. Remove broccoli and set aside. Add soba noodles to the pot of boiling water and cook, following packet instructions, until al dente.
3 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Place tempeh slices in pan and cook until golden brown and a little crispy on both sides.
4 Divide noodles among 4 bowls, top with tempeh and vegetables and drizzle with any extra teriyaki marinade. Drizzle with wasabi vegannaise and garnish with ginger, nori and sesame seeds.
Make it gluten: free Use gluten-free noodles and check tempeh, teriyaki sauce, mayonnaise and wasabi paste are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 25g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information