Baby beetroot, feta and lentil salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 8 cups baby leaf salad mix
- 500g cooked baby beetrootbeetsX, cut into wedges
- 2 x 400g can no-added-salt lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup coarsely chopped chilli-roasted cashews
- 100g feta, crumbled
1 In a large bowl, combine onion and vinegar. Stand mixture for 10 minutes. Season with cracked black pepper.
2 Add salad leaves, beetroot and lentils to bowl. Drizzle with oil and toss to combine. Serve salad topped with nuts and feta.
Make it gluten free: Check chilli-roasted cashews are gluten free.
Make it vegan: Use vegan feta.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.