Bean quesadilla with tomato salsa
- ¼ cup chilli-flavoured beans
- ¼ cup corn sweetcornXkernels
- ½ small red capsicum, chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 25g reduced-fat cheddar, grated
- 2 small (40g) wholemeal pita pockets
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¼ small avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriandercilantroX (optional)
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
1 In a small bowl, lightly mash beans, corn, capsicum, spring onion and cheddar.
2 Top a pita pocket with baby spinach and bean mixture. Top with remaining pita pocket and toast in sandwich press for 1-2 minutes, or until cheese melts.
3 Combine avocado, tomato and coriander (if using) to make salsa. Cut cooked quesadilla in half or quarters. Top with tomato salsa and sour cream.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pita and check beans and sour cream are gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 22g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like