Beef steaks with Brussels sprout and potato gratin
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed, sliced in ½cm slices
- 500g Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed, sliced
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese*
- 4 x 120g sirloin or beef fillet steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place one-third of the potatoes in a layer in the base of a baking dish. Add a layer of Brussels sprouts and continue alternate layers until all vegetables are used. Pour milk over.
2 Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan over. Cook for 5 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and milk is absorbed.
3 Pan-fry steaks in oil to your liking and place on serving dishes alongside gratin. Serve with a green salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like