Beef steaks with Brussels sprout and potato gratinReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 large potatoes, scrubbed, sliced in ½cm slices
- 500g Brussels sprouts, outer leaves removed, sliced
- ½ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese*
- 4 x 120g sirloin or beef fillet steaks
- 1 tablespoon oil
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place one-third of the potatoes in a layer in the base of a baking dish. Add a layer of Brussels sprouts and continue alternate layers until all vegetables are used. Pour milk over.
2 Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle parmesan over. Cook for 5 more minutes or until potatoes are tender and milk is absorbed.
3 Pan-fry steaks in oil to your liking and place on serving dishes alongside gratin. Serve with a green salad.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information