Chilli beef noodle salad
(at time of publication)
- 4 teaspoons mild chilli paste
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 500g rump steak, fat trimmed
- 400g Hokkien noodles
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemongrass paste (we used Gourmet Garden) or use crushed fresh lemongrass
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ½ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 cups carrot and cucumber ribbons (see tip)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups sweet corn sweetcornXkernels
- In a small bowl combine chilli paste and half of the lime juice. In a shallow dish place beef and rub chilli mix over. Set aside.
- In a large bowl place noodles and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1-2 minutes until loosened. Drain and return to bowl.
- In a small bowl combine lemongrass paste and remaining lime juice. Add to noodle bowl along with coriander, and toss.
- Spray a large non-stick pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until seared on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss nuts and vegetables through noodles. Thinly slice beef and add to salad. Divide among 4 bowls and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check chilli paste is gluten free.
Peel vegetables lengthwise into long, thin ribbons.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us