Chilli beef noodle saladReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 4 teaspoons mild chilli paste
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 500g rump steak, fat trimmed
- 400g Hokkien noodles
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemongrass paste (we used Gourmet Garden) or use crushed fresh lemongrass
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ½ cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 4 cups carrot and cucumber ribbons (see tip)
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups sweet corn sweetcornXkernels
- In a small bowl combine chilli paste and half of the lime juice. In a shallow dish place beef and rub chilli mix over. Set aside.
- In a large bowl place noodles and cover with boiling water. Leave for 1-2 minutes until loosened. Drain and return to bowl.
- In a small bowl combine lemongrass paste and remaining lime juice. Add to noodle bowl along with coriander, and toss.
- Spray a large non-stick pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add beef and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, or until seared on the outside and slightly pink on the inside. Remove from the pan and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss nuts and vegetables through noodles. Thinly slice beef and add to salad. Divide among 4 bowls and serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free noodles and check chilli paste is gluten free.
Peel vegetables lengthwise into long, thin ribbons.
You may find this article helpful:
More beef salad recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 7g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information