Asian-style beef salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 400g thickly cut (2.5-3cm) lean rump steak
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- ½ telegraph cucumber, halved lengthwise, sliced
- 1 red, orange or yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1-2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 cups mesclun or mixed salad greens
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- ½ avocado, diced
1 Measure dressing ingredients into a screw-top jar. Shake to combine.
2 Place steak in a plastic bag then add half the marinade mixture. Massage bag to cover steak with marinade then set aside for 20-30 or more minutes (or refrigerate overnight). Add lemon or lime juice to the remaining marinade in jar. Shake to combine then set aside.
3 In a large bowl toss all the salad vegetables except avocado.
4 Preheat barbecue to a high heat and lightly oil the hotplate. Remove steak from marinade and place on the hotplate. Cook for 2-3 minutes each side or to your preference. Remove steak from hotplate and allow to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting into 5mm slices.
5 While steak rests, peel and slice avocado then toss with other vegetables and half the remaining dressing. Arrange salad greens on individual plates or on a platter. Fan steak slices over greens and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve immediately.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 6g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information