Easy fish chowder
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 100g lean bacon, cut in 1cm squares
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in 1cm cubes
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 2 1/2 cups trim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 500g fish fillets, cubed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill or 1/2–1 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- 1 tablespoon cornflourcornstarchX
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh dill or parsley, to garnish
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 0g
1 Heat oil in a large pot. Add onion and cook until onion softens. Add bacon, celery, potatoes and carrot. Cook, stirring frequently to prevent browning, for about 5 minutes.
2 Add 2 cups milk and garlic salt. Simmer for about 10 minutes, or until potato is just tender. Add fish and dill (if using).
3 Mix remaining milk with cornflour and add to pot. Bring chowder to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4 Season to taste with salt and pepper then ladle into large bowls. Garnish with dill.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free varieties of bacon, garlic salt and cornflour.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us