Low-carb cauliflower cheese
- 2 medium cauliflowers, broken into florets
- 200g ricotta
- 250g or 1 cup (200ml) reduced-fat crème fraîche
- ½ tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (100g) reduced-fat mature cheddar, grated
- 1/2 cup (50g) diced bacon or lardons, fried (optional)
- 2–3 large jalapeño peppersbell peppersX from a jar, deseeded and finely diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup (50g) parmesan, grated
1 Heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas 3. Put the cauliflower florets in an ovenproof dish and cook in the oven for about 5 min. In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, crème fraîche, worcestershire sauce and cheddar, then season with freshly ground black pepper.
2 Add the bacon or lardons and jalapeño peppers, if using, to the cauliflower then pour the cheese sauce over them. Scatter the parmesan on top and return the dish to the oven for 20–30 min until the mixture is bubbling and brown on top.
Serve with fresh greens.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23.9g
–Saturated fat 14.5g
Dietary fibre 5.2g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.