Fresh tomato puttanesca
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 100g dry spaghetti, tagliatelle or pappardelle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 leek, green and white parts, sliced
- 6 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted mixed olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 cups baby spinach or chopped silver beet
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, to serve
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan (optional)
Total fat 19g
Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Place pan over a medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic and leek and cook for 4 minutes, until leeks are soft. Add tomatoes, olives and capers. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted. Return pasta to pan with some of the reserved cooking water. Mix well. Serve pasta garnished with parsley, lemon zest and parmesan, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan parmesan such as Angel Food.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set!
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us