Fresh tomato puttanesca
(at time of publication)
- 100g dry spaghetti, tagliatelle or pappardelle
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ leek, green and white parts, sliced
- 6 ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chopped pitted mixed olives
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 4 cups baby spinach or chopped silver beet
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, to serve
- 2 teaspoons zest of lemon, to serve
- ¼ cup grated parmesan (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water.
- Place pan over a medium heat. Add olive oil, garlic and leek and cook for 4 minutes, until leeks are soft. Add tomatoes, olives and capers. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted. Return pasta to pan with some of the reserved cooking water. Mix well. Serve pasta garnished with parsley, lemon zest and parmesan, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan parmesan such as Angel Food.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.