Piri piri chicken with rice and quinoa salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 tablespoon each chopped fresh basil, tarragon, oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 6 x 100g skinless chicken breasts
- Rice and quinoa salad
- 250g packet SunRice Steamed Rice Rice & Quinoa
- 400g can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ cup chopped dates
- 1 pomegranate, seeds
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar mixed with
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- Spicy yoghurt
- 1 ¼ cups low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1 lime, juice
- 6 mini wholemeal pita breads, toasted
1 Mix marinade ingredients together. Add chicken and toss to coat. Leave to marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
2 To make salad, cook rice mix following packet directions. Place in a bowl. Mix in remaining salad ingredients, stir in dressing.
3 Cook chicken on barbecue for 15 minutes or until cooked through, turning once.
4 To make spicy yoghurt, mix yoghurt with harissa and lime juice. Season to taste. On each serving plate, create bed of rice salad and top with chicken slices. Serve with yoghurt and pita bread on the side. Garnish with extra lime wedges if you prefer.
Make it gluten free: Check smoked paprika and harissa are gluten-free and check pita bread is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.