Rainbow tuna salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- 1 small beetrootbeetsX (120g), grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 95g can lemon pepper flavoured tuna
- 1 cup baby spinach or other salad greens
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped almonds
1 Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Place dressing in bottom of a 750ml-900ml jar.
2 Layer salad ingredients in jar in the order listed. Screw lid on tightly.
3 To eat, tip salad into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check flavoured tuna is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us