Rainbow tuna salad
(at time of publication)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon zest of orange
- ¼ teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons or julienned
- 1 small beetrootbeetsX (120g), grated
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 95g can lemon pepper flavoured tuna
- 1 cup baby spinach or other salad greens
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped almonds
1 Combine dressing ingredients and mix well. Place dressing in bottom of a 750ml-900ml jar.
2 Layer salad ingredients in jar in the order listed. Screw lid on tightly.
3 To eat, tip salad into a large bowl and mix well to combine.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check flavoured tuna is gluten free.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 11g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.