Mixed mushroom, butter bean and hazelnut soup
- 1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced (reserve green part for another use)
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 200g white cup buttons, quartered
- 200g brown mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 200g enoki mushrooms
- 2 x 420g cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- ¾ cup tri-colour quinoa, rinsed
- 400g can butter beans, rinsed, drained
- ¼ cup grated parmesan, to serve
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, to serve
- ¼ cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped, to serve
1 Lightly spray a large heavy-based saucepan with olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add leek and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add white and brown mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add enoki mushrooms and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Transfer mix to a bowl.
2 Add soup and 2 cups water to same pan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add quinoa and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes or until tender. Return mushroom mixture to pan. Add beans and cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until warmed through.
3 Divide soup among four bowls. Top with cheese, thyme and nuts. Serve seasoned with freshly ground black pepper.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 16.3g
–Saturated fat 4.8g
Dietary fibre 12.4g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.