Soy ginger chicken with winter slaw
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 150g chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1½ cups finely chopped silver beet or spinach
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped toasted almonds,
- ¼ cup low-fat plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (optional)
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 9g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking dish with baking paper, place chicken breast on it. In a small bowl or cup, combine soy sauce and ginger and spoon half of the mixture over chicken breast. Bake for 10 minutes, baste with remaining mixture and cook 5 more minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside.
2 In a medium bowl, combine cabbage, silver beet and almonds. In a small bowl, combine yoghurt and mayonnaise. Use two-thirds of this mixture to coat slaw.
3 Cut chicken into thin slices. Serve chicken with rice or quinoa and slaw, garnished with sriracha, if using, and remaining yoghurt mayonnaise.
Make it gluten free: Check sauces are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use lactose-free or coconut yoghurt and choose sriracha without onion or garlic.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)