Spaghetti with clams and olives
(at time of publication)
- 130g dried spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes, plus extra to serve
- 350g cockles or clams, scrubbed – about 15 cockles
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- ¼ cup black olives, chopped
- juice of 1 lemon
- black pepper
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook spaghetti until al dente – about 8 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water.
- While pasta is cooking, in a bowl combine vinegar and ½ tablespoon of the oil. Add rocket and avocado and toss to coat.
- In a large pot, heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the remaining oil over medium. Add garlic and tomatoes and stir. Add wine, chilli flakes, cockles and spinach and cook, covered, for 4-5 minutes until clams have opened. Discard any that haven’t opened. Remove pan from heat.
- Add spaghetti to cockles and sauce, along with parsley, capers and olives. Add a little pasta water, if needed, to make more sauce. Stir to combine.
- Serve pasta with salad on the side, drizzled with remaining oil and lemon juice and sprinkled with extra chilli flakes and black pepper.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free spaghetti.
Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free spaghetti that doesn’t contain soy flour, besan/chickpea/gram, lentil or lupin flours.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $85. Just grab your shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 32g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.