Time to make: 15 mins
( Hands-on time: 5 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups instant couscous
- 2 cups boiling water plus
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 400g can chopped tomatoes, in juice
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 4 cups firmly packed fresh spinach or silver beet (leaves)
- 4 medium-textured fresh or frozen fish fillets, scales and bones removed
Total fat 18g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 7g
1 In a medium-sized bowl drizzle 1 tablespoon oil over couscous. Pour over 1 1/2 cups boiling water, stir then cover. Set aside.
2 Meanwhile, to make sauce, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan. Gently cook onion for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add tomatoes and olives. Simmer for 2-3 minutes over a medium heat. Add spinach to pan and cover with lid. Increase the heat and cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach has wilted.
3 Place fish in frying pan with sauce. Cover with lid and simmer gently in sauce for 1-2 minutes on each side. If using frozen fish allow 3-4 minutes on each side.
4 Fluff couscous with a fork to separate grains and divide among four plates. Top with a fish fillet and sauce.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice instead of couscous.
Medium-textured fish types are easily found at your local fish shop. Try tarakihi, snapper, gurnard or blue cod in this recipe.