Steak with olive and caper mayo
(at time of publication)
- 2 (250g) potatoes, scrubbed
- oil spray
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped capers
- 2 tablespoons chopped pitted mixed olives
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cups rocketarugulaX or salad leaves
- ½ Lebanese cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 x 150g lean beef scotch fillet steaks
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut a cross into tops of potatoes. Place potatoes in the microwave and cook on high for 8 minutes. Place microwaved potatoes on a baking tray. Spray lightly with oil and bake in oven for 10 minutes, until browned and skin is crisp.
- In a small bowl combine yoghurt, mayonnaise, capers, olives, lemon zest and parsley to make mayo. Set aside. In a large bowl combine rocket and cucumber. Dress with vinaigrette made from olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy-based pan over a high heat (or preheat a barbecue grill). Spray steaks with oil and cook for 2 minutes each side for medium rare, or until done to your liking. Remove from pan and rest for a few minutes before slicing thickly.
- Serve each steak with a baked potato and rocket salad, drizzled with caper and olive mayo.
Make it gluten free: Check mayonnaise is gluten free.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $74. Just grab the shopping list and you’re all set
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 30g
–Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us