Summer vegetable and chicken jar salad
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 tablespoons low-fat yoghurt
- 1/4 cup basil or mint leaves
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup wholegrain couscous
- 1 baby cos lettuce, torn roughly
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint or basil leaves
- 50g lean cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, chargrilled
- 1 sundried tomato, finely chopped
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, julienned or peeled using a vegetable peeler
- 1/3 cup edamame beans
Total fat 23g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 14g
1 Combine all dressing ingredients, except the fresh herbs, in a blender until smooth, adding a little water for a runnier consistency. Stir in mint or basil and season with pepper.
2 Place the couscous in a bowl and pour over 1/2 cup water, cover and leave for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
3 Place half the dressing in the base of a jar. Add a layer of lettuce and then layer the remaining ingredients as you like, placing the couscous layer in the centre. Top with remaining dressing.
4 Press down lightly. Cover with a lid and chill until serving.
This layered salad can be kept in the fridge overnight.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us