Tandoori chicken rice medley
- 500g small skinless chicken thigh fillets, halved
- 2 tablespoons tandoori paste
- 2 x 250g packets microwave brown and red rice with chilli-garlic infusion
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced into thirds
- 1½ cups frozen mixed baby peas, corn sweetcornXand capsicum
- ²⁄³ cup reduced-fat tzatziki
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- ¹⁄³ cup flaked almonds, toasted
- lemon wedges, to serve
1 Coat the chicken in tandoori paste. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, in batches, for 4 minutes each side, or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Rest for 5 minutes. Slice.
2 Add rice to pan and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant. Stir in carrot, broccolini and frozen vegetables. Reduce heat and cook, stirring, for 3–5 minutes, or until heated. Remove from heat.
3 Spoon the rice onto plates. Top with the chicken, tzatziki, chilli and almonds. Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19.6g
–Saturated fat 4.3g
Dietary fibre 12.6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information