Carrot and beetroot salad with orange harissa dressing
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons gluten-free harissa paste, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free paprika
- 1 bunch baby carrots or 2 large carrots, peeled into thin ribbons (see tips)
- 4 small cooked baby beetrootbeetsXs (we used LeaderBrand), sliced into thin rounds
- 2 radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup roughly torn fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 In a small bowl, whisk oil, juices, harissa and paprika.
2 On a serving platter, arrange carrot, beetroot and radish. Drizzle over dressing, then scatter with orange zest, mint and parsley. Serve.
Make it vegan: Check harissa paste is vegan.
Make it low FODMAP: Use canned beetroot (it’s lower in FODMAPs), and use a garlic-free harissa paste.
Add some orange segments to this salad, if you like.
Cut carrots using a mandolin or peeler.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us