Carrot and beetroot salad with orange harissa dressingReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons gluten-free harissa paste, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon gluten-free paprika
- 1 bunch baby carrots or 2 large carrots, peeled into thin ribbons (see tips)
- 4 small cooked baby beetrootbeetsXs (we used LeaderBrand), sliced into thin rounds
- 2 radishes, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ cup fresh mint
- ¼ cup roughly torn fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 In a small bowl, whisk oil, juices, harissa and paprika.
2 On a serving platter, arrange carrot, beetroot and radish. Drizzle over dressing, then scatter with orange zest, mint and parsley. Serve.
Make it vegan: Check harissa paste is vegan.
Make it low FODMAP: Use canned beetroot (it’s lower in FODMAPs), and use a garlic-free harissa paste.
Add some orange segments to this salad, if you like.
Cut carrots using a mandolin or peeler.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information