Couscous, vegetable and egg salad
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Moroccan seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX or fresh parsley
- 400g can chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed
- 4 cups diced or grated vegetables such as snow peas, cherry tomatoes, capsicums, cucumber, red onions, courgetteszucchini, summer squashX
- 4 cups rocketarugulaX
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
1 Place couscous in a medium bowl and pour over 1 cup boiling water. Soak for 3 minutes then fluff with a fork.
2 In a small bowl mix lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, Moroccan seasoning and coriander together. Stir into couscous along with chickpeas and vegetables. Stir rocket through and top with eggs.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 15g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 11g
Make it gluten free: Prepare brown rice instead of couscous and check Moroccan seasoning is gluten free.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us