Warm Moroccan beef and couscous salad
(at time of publication)
- 400g lean beef stir-fry strips
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 1 cup wholemeal couscous
- 1 cup reduced-salt beef stock, heated
- zest and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ medium red onion, diced
- 6 cups rocketarugulaX
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cup store-bought roasted red capsicum, drained, thinly sliced
- ½ cup tzatziki or yoghurt and cucumber dip
1 Coat beef strips in seasoning. Heat a barbecue hotplate or non-stick frying pan to a medium-high heat and spray with olive oil. Cook beef in batches for 2-5 minutes or until browned.
2 Meanwhile, prepare couscous according to packet directions, using hot stock in place of water. Fluff the grains with a fork. Add lemon zest, juice and diced red onion to couscous. Toss gently to combine.
3 Divide rocket, grated carrot and roasted capsicum among 4 serving bowls. Top with couscous, beef and a dollop of tzatziki or dip.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free couscous or quinoa and check Moroccan seasoning and beef stock are gluten free.
This article may be helpful:
More delicious Moroccan style beef recipes:
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.