Spiced chicken with couscous
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 450g lean chicken breasts
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika, chilli powder or ras el hanout (see tips)
- ¹/³ cup sliced preserved lemon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (eg, parsley, oregano or coriandercilantroX) plus extra fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 400g pack Birds Eye SteamFresh Plus Pearl Couscous with ChickpeaGarbanzoXsGarbanzosX
- 4 small wholemeal pita breads 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons yoghurt, to serve
Total fat 14g
Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken between 2 pieces of baking paper and flatten with a rolling pin. In a bag, place chicken with ground spice, lemon, oil, herbs and onions. Shake to evenly coat ingredients.
2 In an ovenproof dish, place chicken. Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once. Five minutes before chicken is cooked, prepare couscous following packet instructions. Warm or toast pita breads.
3 Once chicken is cooked, in a bowl, combine couscous and chickpeas. Divide among 4 plates. Slice chicken and add to couscous with a spoonful of yoghurt and garnish with coriander.
Ras el hanout is a North African/Moroccan blend of fragrant spices, available in supermarkets.
The chicken can be marinated overnight in the spices, herbs and lemon. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us