Spiced chicken with couscous
- 450g lean chicken breasts
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika, chilli powder or ras el hanout (see tips)
- ¹/³ cup sliced preserved lemon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (eg, parsley, oregano or coriandercilantroX) plus extra fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 400g pack Birds Eye SteamFresh Plus Pearl Couscous with ChickpeaGarbanzoXsGarbanzosX
- 4 small wholemeal pita breads 400g can no-added-salt chickpeagarbanzoXsgarbanzosX, rinsed and drained
- 6 tablespoons yoghurt, to serve
1 Preheat oven to 190°C. Place chicken between 2 pieces of baking paper and flatten with a rolling pin. In a bag, place chicken with ground spice, lemon, oil, herbs and onions. Shake to evenly coat ingredients.
2 In an ovenproof dish, place chicken. Bake for 30-35 minutes, turning once. Five minutes before chicken is cooked, prepare couscous following packet instructions. Warm or toast pita breads.
3 Once chicken is cooked, in a bowl, combine couscous and chickpeas. Divide among 4 plates. Slice chicken and add to couscous with a spoonful of yoghurt and garnish with coriander.
Ras el hanout is a North African/Moroccan blend of fragrant spices, available in supermarkets.
The chicken can be marinated overnight in the spices, herbs and lemon. Store in the fridge in a sealed container.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 12g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information