Couscous chilli con carne
(at time of publication)
- 4 cups Tomato, capsicum and kidney bean braise
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños, chopped
- ½ cup reduced-fat Greek yoghurt
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 Place braise in a large saucepan over a medium-high heat and cook until heated through. Or, heat in microwave for 1-2 minutes. Set aside to serve.
2 Place couscous in a large bowl. Pour over 1 cup boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes then use a fork to fluff.
3 Divide couscous and braise among serving bowls. Sprinkle with jalapeños, add a dollop of yoghurt then top with coriander. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Make it gluten free: Check braise spices and yoghurt are gluten free, and use quinoa instead of couscous.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 5g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.