Leek and bean soup with cheesy breadReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 1 leek, white part, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with capsicum
- 1 wholegrain baguette, quartered, then halved
- ½ cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups shredded silver beet
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
1 Spray a large saucepan with oil and cook leek over a medium-high heat for 4 minutes until softened. Spray pan with a little more oil, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes and 4 cups water. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
2 Meanwhile, preheat grill. Toast bread, sprinkle with cheese and grill again until cheese melts.
3 Add beans and silver beet to pan and cook for 5 minutes or until silver beet wilts. Top soup with sour cream and serve with cheesy bread.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 13g
–Saturated fat 4g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information