Orechiette with roast cauliflower and garlic-lemon crumb
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup orecchiette or other small pasta,eg, macaroni
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale spray oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh or dried breadcrumbs
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup rocketarugulaX leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- chilli flakes and black pepper to garnish (optional)
1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Cook pasta following packet instructions. Drain, reserving ½ cup pasta water, and set aside.
2 On a baking tray, place cauliflower and kale. Spray with oil and roast for 15-20 minutes, until browned and soft.
3 Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add crumbs. Toss to toast for 1 minute. add zest and parsley. Set aside.
4 Into the pasta, add vegetables. Toss to combine, adding pasta water as needed to bind everything together. add rocket leaves and half of the parmesan. Toss again. Serve pasta with remaining parmesan, garlic-lemon crumbs and drizzle with lemon juice. Garnish with pepper and chilli flakes, if desired.
Make it vegan: Use Angel Food parmesan.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta and breadcrumbs.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 14g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information