Prawn and watermelon salad
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 cup sliced snow peas or green beans, ends trimmed
- 600g frozen prawns, thawed
- 4 cups fresh watercress leaves, or rocketarugulaX
- ½ medium watermelon, skin removed and flesh diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ¾ cup fresh mint
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 80g buffalo mozzarella, torn
1 In a small jar with a lid, shake lime juice and zest, oil and half of the chilli, if using, to combine. Set aside.
2 In a pot of boiling water, place snow peas and cook for 1-2 minutes, until bright green and still crisp. Drain and immediately refresh in an ice bath.
3 In a bowl, place prawns and 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Toss to coat prawns. Heat a large frying pan over medium. Add prawns and cook until they turn pink.
4 In a large bowl, place all ingredients and carefully toss with your hands.
5 Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
Make it vegan: Substitute prawns with Fry’s Battered Prawn-style Pieces and cook, in one tablespoon of the dressing, following packet instructions. Use a vegan mozzarella.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us