Prawn and watermelon salad
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, plus 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- 1 cup sliced snow peas or green beans, ends trimmed
- 600g frozen prawns, thawed
- 4 cups fresh watercress leaves, or rocketarugulaX
- ½ medium watermelon, skin removed and flesh diced
- ½ cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- ¾ cup fresh mint
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 80g buffalo mozzarella, torn
1 In a small jar with a lid, shake lime juice and zest, oil and half of the chilli, if using, to combine. Set aside.
2 In a pot of boiling water, place snow peas and cook for 1-2 minutes, until bright green and still crisp. Drain and immediately refresh in an ice bath.
3 In a bowl, place prawns and 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Toss to coat prawns. Heat a large frying pan over medium. Add prawns and cook until they turn pink.
4 In a large bowl, place all ingredients and carefully toss with your hands.
5 Drizzle with remaining dressing and serve.
Make it vegan: Substitute prawns with Fry’s Battered Prawn-style Pieces and cook, in one tablespoon of the dressing, following packet instructions. Use a vegan mozzarella.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 24g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us