Quick salmon and lemon pasta
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup wholemeal pasta (we used penne)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 cups chopped spinach leaves
- ½ x 400g can no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- 150g boned salmon fillet, chopped in 2cm chunks
- 2 teaspoons lemon-infused olive oil
- chilli flakes, to serve (optional)
1 Cook pasta following packet directions.
2 Heat a pan over a medium heat. Spray with oil and cook garlic and spring onions for 1 minute. Add spinach to pan and cook, stirring, until spinach is wilted. Add tomatoes and about 1/2 cup water to pan.
3 Add salmon chunks to pan and poach for about 3 minutes, until just cooked through. Add pasta to pan, with a little reserved pasta water if sauce needs loosening.
4 Serve salmon pasta drizzled with lemon-infused oil, garnished with chilli flakes (if using) and a lemon slice if you prefer.
- Make it low FODMAP: Use gluten-free or Italian-made pasta and use green part only of spring onion.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free pasta that does not contain soy, garbanzo bean or lupin flour. Use the green tips of the spring onion only. Swap the garlic for 1 teaspoon of garlic infused oil.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 23g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information