Tofu and vege satay curry
- ⅔ cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- ⅓ cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 courgettezucchiniXszucchini, summer squashX, chopped
- 2 cups prepared slaw mix (without dressing)
- 200g firm tofu, cut in 2cm cubes
- ½ cup roughly chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, plus extra, to garnish
- chilli flakes or sliced fresh chilli, to taste (optional)
- In a pot cover rice with 1 1/2 cups water. Cover pot and bring to the boil. Turn down to low and cook for 25 minutes until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Meanwhile, in a small jug or bowl place peanut butter, curry powder, coconut milk and soy sauce and mix well with a fork. Set aside.
- In a pan or wok heat 1 teaspoon of the sesame oil over a medium-high heat. Add spring onions and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add carrots and courgette and cook for 2 minutes. Add slaw and stir-fry briefly to combine. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining teaspoon of sesame oil to pan. Add tofu and cook, stirring, until browned. Add veges back into pan, add coconut milk mixture and ½ cup water. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes until curry sauce has thickened slightly. Add more water if necessary. Add coriander at last minute, then remove from heat.
- Divide curry between 2 serving plates and serve with rice. Garnish with extra coriander and chilli, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free soy sauce and check curry powder and tofu are gluten free.
This recipe is from our Vegetarian weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meat-free meals for two, for under $67. Just grab the shopping list and get dinner done!
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 21g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 13g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like