Chicken breast with chilli crumb and honey mustard veges
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1½ cups fresh wholegrain breadcrumbs
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno chillies, finely diced (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh coriandercilantroX, chopped, plus extra to garnish
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 600g parsnips, peeled, cut into thick batons
- 4 carrots, angle-sliced
- 1 tablespoon each honey, wholegrain mustard and cumin seeds
- 4 medium chicken breasts
- 6 cups rocketarugulaX
Total fat 12g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 12g
1 Preheat oven to 200°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2 In a bowl, place breadcrumbs, spring onion, chillies, coriander, lemon zest and half of the oil and mix until combined.
3 In another bowl, toss together parsnips, carrots, honey, mustard, cumin seeds and remaining oil.
4 On 1 tray, place chicken breasts. Cover with the crumb mix, pressing it down so it adheres properly. On the second tray, spread out veges. Bake chicken and veges for 25 minutes, turning veges occasionally to prevent burning.
5 Toss rocket and roast vegetables together and serve with crumbed chicken breast, garnished with coriander.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free breadcrumbs and check mustard is gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Rate this recipe
0 People Rated This Recipe
- (0 / 5)
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us