(at time of publication)
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons castor sugar
- 500g dried fruit, roughly chopped (including pitted prunes)
- 1 x 175g store-bought sponge cake
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla yoghurt
1 Place orange juice and sugar in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved then bring to the boil. Add dried fruit and remove from heat. Stand for 10 minutes.
2 Cut sponge cake in half horizontally then cut in 2cm cubes.
3 Place cake in bases of 8 glasses. Top with half the yoghurt and half the fruit. Layer with remaining cake and yoghurt, and finish with fruit. Serve warm.
- For a richerora version, use low-fat custard instead of low-fat vanilla yoghurt.
- Serve this trifle while the fruit is still warm, or make ahead to serve cold.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.