Teriyaki tofu and broccoli stir-fry
- ¹⁄³ cup raw unsalted cashews
- 500g firm tofu, sliced
- 3 cups red cabbage, finely sliced
- 400g broccoli, cut into florets, stalks sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 large red capsicum sliced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 400g packet wholegrain wok-ready noodles
- ½ cup fresh coriandercilantroX leaves, to serve
1 Toast cashews in a large wok or frying pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes or until just golden. Remove and set aside. Add a drizzle of olive oil to same pan, add half the tofu and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes or until just brown. Remove and set aside. Repeat with remaining tofu.
2 Add cabbage, broccoli stalks, carrot and a drizzle of oil to pan and stir-fry for 2–3 minutes. Add capsicum and broccoli florets and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until just tender. To prevent sticking, add a little water.
3 Return tofu to pan. Add teriyaki sauce and noodles and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until combined and heated through. Serve garnished with coriander.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 20.4g
–Saturated fat 3.2g
Dietary fibre 16.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.