Honey-roasted pumpkin and persimmon salad
- 240g pumpkin, peeled, cut in small chunks or yams, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 large red onion, sliced in 5mm rings
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons shelled walnuts
- 2 persimmons, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 50g feta, roughly crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- black pepper, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. In a baking dish lined with baking paper place pumpkin and onion. Combine honey, paprika and half the olive oil. Drizzle over veges then roast for 25-30 minutes, until soft and collapsing.
- Heat a pan over a medium-high heat. Add walnuts and dry toast for 2 minutes, or until toasted. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine persimmons, spinach leaves, feta and walnuts. Combine remaining olive oil with balsamic to make dressing. Drizzle over salad and mix well.
- Divide salad between plates and add pumpkin and onion. Garnish with pepper and serve.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 26g
Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 7g
Make it gluten free: Check paprika is gluten free.
Make it vegan: Replace honey with maple syrup and replace feta with Sheese Greek-style vegan cheese.
This recipe is from our Weeknight meal planner feature – everything you need for four nights of delicious, nutritionist-approved meals for two, for under $112. Just grab the shopping list and you’re ready!
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us