Light and tasty Weet-Bix muffins
Time to make: 20 mins
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- 1/2 cup Light 'n' Tasty cereal
- 1/2 cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup natural apple juice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150g tub low-fat natural yoghurt
Total fat 1g
Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 3g
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a bowl combine flour, Weet-Bix, Light ‘n’ Tasty, sultanas, spices and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, apple juice, banana, egg and yoghurt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just mixed and no more – do not over mix. Pour mixture into greased muffin tins and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Karey Hetfield (Christchurch)
Karey says: “These muffins are really filling, can be frozen and are perfect for kids’ lunchboxes or for a great sustaining snack at the office. Feel free to substitute the fruit for other seasonal options. I have used raspberries instead of the banana and they take on a whole new life! I find yoghurt gives them a nice texture while the Weet-Bix adds a really nice malty flavour.”
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us