(at time of publication)
- oil spray
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 cups rolled oatsoatmeal uncookedX
- 1 cup low-fat Greek-style yoghurt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 ½ tablespoons self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 12-hole (1/3-cup capacity) muffin tin with oil, or line with paper muffin cases greased with oil.
- In a blender, place all ingredients in the above order. Process using the pulse action for 1–2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth and creamy. You may need to give the mixture a stir to move the ingredients around.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tin. Lightly press toppings of your choice into each muffin (see topping ideas below).
- Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then remove from muffin tin and cool completely on a wire rack.
Make it vegan: Use a vegan yoghurt, maple syrup instead of honey, and swap eggs for 2 tablespoons ground linseed mixed with 6 tablespoons water.
Make it low FODMAP: Use lactose-free yoghurt and gluten-free self-raising flour, and maple syrup instead of honey.
Try these topping ideas:
- Mixed berry (pictured top right)
- Pecan and date (pictured bottom right)
- Dark choc and hazelnut (pictured top centre)
- Coconut and raspberry (pictured bottom centre)
- Apple and cinnamon (pictured top left)
- Banana and peanut butter (pictured bottom left)
Note: Nutrition information and costings relate to basic muffins only (excluding topping).
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 3g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 2g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information