Light and tasty Weet-Bix muffins
- 1 ½ cups wholemeal flour
- 4 Weet-Bix, crushed
- ½ cup Light 'n' Tasty cereal
- ½ cup sultanasgolden raisinsX
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup natural apple juice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 150g tub low-fat natural yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a bowl combine flour, Weet-Bix, Light ‘n’ Tasty, sultanas, spices and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine milk, apple juice, banana, egg and yoghurt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until just mixed and no more – do not over mix. Pour mixture into greased muffin tins and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Karey Hetfield (Christchurch)
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 1g
–Saturated fat 0g
Dietary fibre 3g
Karey says: “These muffins are really filling, can be frozen and are perfect for kids’ lunchboxes or for a great sustaining snack at the office. Feel free to substitute the fruit for other seasonal options. I have used raspberries instead of the banana and they take on a whole new life! I find yoghurt gives them a nice texture while the Weet-Bix adds a really nice malty flavour.”
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us