Strawberry and cinnamon muffins
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX or ½ teaspoon liquid stevia (see tip)
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon reduced-fat spread, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons skim milk
- 2⅓ cups fresh strawberries, hulled (or use frozen strawberries, thawed), ⅓ cup chopped, the rest halved
- icingfrostingX sugar, to dust (optional)
1 Heat the oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4. Line 6 holes of a muffin tin with baking paper or muffin cases.
2 Sift the flour and cinnamon into a mixing bowl, then stir in the sugar or stevia. Whisk the melted spread, the egg and milk together in a small jug. Add the milk mixture to the flour mixture, then mix until just combined. Stir in the ⅓ cup chopped strawberries.
3 Divide the muffin mixture evenly among the muffin holes and smooth the surfaces. Bake for 18–20 min until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
4 Leave the muffins in the tin to cool a little, then turn out and carefully remove and discard the baking paper or paper cases. Dust with icing sugar, then serve with the halved strawberries on the side.
You can buy liquid Stevia from health food stores
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 4.4g
–Saturated fat 1.1g
Dietary fibre 1.5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.