Quick chicken, corn and broccoli soup
(at time of publication)
- ¾ cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 small (60g) potato, cut in 1cm cubes
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 150g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ½ cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped spinach or silver beet leaves
- black or white pepper, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- squeeze of lime or lemon juice, to serve
- In a pot, heat stock with 1 1/4 cups water over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Add potato and cook for 5 minutes. Add spring onion, chicken, corn and broccoli. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Season with pepper. Add egg to soup and stir quickly to blend.
- Serve garnished with coriander, pepper, if using, and lime or lemon juice.
- Take this soup in a different flavour direction by adding fresh ginger to the stock and chilli slices to garnish.
Make it low FODMAP: Use green tips of spring onion only, reduce corn to 1/4 cup and use low-FODMAP stock.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information