Quick chicken, corn and broccoli soup
- 3/4 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 small (60g) potato, cut in 1cm cubes
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 150g chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped spinach or silver beet leaves
- black or white pepper, plus extra to garnish (optional)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- chopped fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- squeeze of lime or lemon juice, to serve
- In a pot, heat stock with 1 1/4 cups water over medium heat. Bring to a simmer.
- Add potato and cook for 5 minutes. Add spring onion, chicken, corn and broccoli. Bring back to a simmer and cook for 2-3 minutes, until broccoli is tender and chicken is cooked through. Add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Season with pepper. Add egg to soup and stir quickly to blend.
- Serve garnished with coriander, pepper, if using, and lime or lemon juice.
- Take this soup in a different flavour direction by adding fresh ginger to the stock and chilli slices to garnish.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 9g
Make it low FODMAP: Use green tips of spring onion only, reduce corn to 1/4 cup and use low-FODMAP stock.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.