Smoky paprika tofu scramble
- spray oil
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn sweetcornXkernels, thawed
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame beans, thawed
- 300g firm Japanese tofu (I used Morinaga)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- ½ cup salt-reduced vegetable stock
- ½ cup tomato passata
- 2 cups rocketarugulaX leaves
- 2 corn sweetcornXtortillas
- 2 tablespoons chilli sauce (we used chipotle)
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Spray a large pan with oil and set over a medium-high heat. Add spring onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add corn and edamame and stir to combine, then crumble in tofu and spices. Cook, stirring gently, for 2 minutes.
2 Add soy sauce, stock and passata. Cook a further 3-4 minutes, until sauce reduces slightly. Add rocket leaves and cook until just wilted.
3 Warm tortillas, and serve scramble with tortillas, garnished with chilli sauce and coriander.
Make it gluten free: Check tofu, ground spices, sauces, stock, passata and tortillas are gluten free.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 19g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 15g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information