There’s a lot of discussion at the moment about the health benefits and ethics of a meat-free diet. Here’s how to transition to a meat-free diet, or cut back on meat without missing out on vital nutrients.
Article sources and references
- Better Health Channel. 2012. Vegetarian and vegan eating, betterhealth.vic.gov.auhttps://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/vegetarian-and-vegan-eating
- Marsh et al. 2013. Protein and vegetarian diets. Medical Journal of Australia 199:S7‑S10https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2013/199/4/protein-and-vegetarian-diets
- National Health and Medical Research Council & Ministry of Health. Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and New Zealand: Vitamin B12, nrv.gov.auhttps://www.nrv.gov.au/
- Saunders et al. 2013. Iron and vegetarian diets. Medical Journal of Australia 199:S11-6https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2013/199/4/iron-and-vegetarian-diets
- Zeuschner et al. 2013. Vitamin B12 and vegetarian diets. Medical Journal of Australia 199:S27-32https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2013/199/4/vitamin-b12-and-vegetarian-diets