Spicy poke bowl
- 100g very fresh salmon or tuna, cut in cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon chilli sauce
- 1 cup lettuce or salad greens
- 2 tablespoons shelled edamame beans
- 1 cup shredded or julienned salad veges, eg. carrot, cucumber, capsicum
- ½ cup cooked rice, warmed if you prefer
- drizzle of Japanese mayonnaise and chilli sauce, to serve (optional)
1 Combine fish with soy sauce, sesame oil and chilli sauce and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate for up to 3 hours, or you can do this right before eating.
2 In a bowl, layer all other ingredients. Add drained fish and top with mayo and chilli sauce, if using.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.