Sushi salad bowl with marinated salmon and wasabi mayo
(at time of publication)
- 2 teaspoons reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sriracha, or other chilli sauce
- 100g salmon, in small cubes
- ¼ cup farro or brown rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain yoghurt
- ½ teaspoon wasabi
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, peeled in ribbons
- 1 small carrot, peeled in ribbons
- ½ green capsicum, finely diced
- shichimi, to garnish (optional, see tips)
1 In a bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water and sriracha. Add salmon, mix well to coat and set aside.
2 Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add farro and cook for 20-30 minutes, until tender. Drain.
3 In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, yoghurt and wasabi. In a large bowl, place farro and veges. Add salmon and pour over any remaining marinade. Add wasabi mayo and serve, sprinkled with shichimi, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Use brown rice and check soy sauce, mirin, sriracha (or chilli sauce) and mayonnaise are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Choose sriracha without onion or garlic and use brown rice. Note the amount of yoghurt is within low-FODMAP limits.
If you can’t find mirin, use 1 teaspoon sugar instead.
Shichimi is a Japanese spice mixture available from Asian supermarkets.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 27g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information