Sushi and avocado salad with garlic mayonnaise
- 1 ¾ cups basmati brown rice
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
- ¼ cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 2 chillies (or more if you prefer), deseeded, finely chopped
- ¼ cup apple ciderhard ciderX vinegar
- 3 x 5g packs roasted nori snacks
- 2 x 210g cans red salmon
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ telegraph cucumber, cubed
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, cubed
- 1 yellow capsicum, deseeded, cubed
- ½ bag baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons garlic mayonnaise
1 Cook rice following packet directions. Set aside to cool.
2 Meanwhile, place sesame oil in a pan over high heat. Add garlic, ginger and soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes. Pour over cooled rice along with chillies and cider vinegar. Mix well.
3 Tear nori sheets in pieces and add to rice. Add salmon, seeds, cucumber, carrot, capsicum and spinach and gently toss to mix.
4 Serve salad topped with avocado and drizzled with mayonnaise.
Make it gluten-free: Use Tamari instead of soy sauce; just reduce the quantity a bit
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 32g
–Saturated fat 5g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.