Seared salmon sushi bowls
(at time of publication)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lightly toasted sesame seeds, plus extra, to garnish
- 2 x 200g skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 100g mixed salad leaves or iceberg lettuce
- 1 large telegraph cucumber halved, seeded, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut in thin matchsticks
- 4 medium radishes, cut in thin matchsticks
1 Cook brown rice following packet instructions, or until al dente. Drain. Toss rice with 1 teaspoon each of the sesame oil and the sesame seeds.
2 Meanwhile, brush salmon with remaining sesame oil. Preheat a chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Cook salmon for 2 minutes each side, for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and cool for 5 minutes. Flake into chunks with a fork.
3 In a small bowl combine soy sauce, lemon juice, mirin and ginger to make ponzu dressing.
4 Divide rice, salad leaves, cucumber, carrots and radishes between serving bowls. Top each with salmon and drizzle with ponzu dressing. Sprinkle with extra sesame seeds.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce is gluten free.
You can substitute radishes with half a small red onion, thinly sliced, but it won’t be FODMAP-friendly.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 28g
–Saturated fat 7g
Dietary fibre 5g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information