Sweet and sour pork stir-fry
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil
- 350g lean pork schnitzel or steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, cut in chunks
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 425g can baby corn
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 can (around 400-425g) pineapple pieces in juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflourcornstarchX
- handful toasted cashews (optional)
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 Heat the oil in a wok, add the sliced pork and toss till sealed (lightly browned). Add the onion, capsicum and carrot and stir-fry for around 5 minutes.
2 While the vegetables are cooking, drain the pineapple, reserving half a cup of the juice. Add the ginger, pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and brown sugar to the pan, then cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently until the vegetables become tender crisp.
3 Stir in the baby corn and pineapple pieces. When heated through, dissolve the cornflour in a tablespoon of cold water and stir into the sauce to thicken. Finally add the cashews, if using. Serve with rice or noodles if desired.
Sweet and sour pork (new)
Sweet and sour pork with noodles
Sweet and sour pork (original)
Add other vegetables if you like, or substitute chicken for the pork.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9.5g
–Saturated fat 1.8g
Dietary fibre 3.9g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
RELATED ADVICE LATEST ADVICE
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.