Sweet and sour pork with noodlesReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 350g pork fillet, trimmed, sliced
- ½ cup orange juice
- oil spray, to grease
- 2.5cm piece fresh ginger, grated
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 300g broccoli florets
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 400g fresh hokkien noodles
- fresh coriandercilantroX, to garnish
1 Combine chilli sauce, soy sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Add pork and marinate for 10 minutes. Strain pork and reserve marinade, stirring in orange juice.
2 Spray a wok or large frying pan with oil. Add pork and stir-fry over a high heat for 2-3 minutes until golden. Remove from wok.
3 Spray wok with a little more oil and stir-fry ginger, onion, capsicum, broccoli and carrot for 5 minutes, adding 2-3 tablespoons water. Return pork to wok with noodles and reserved marinade. Stir over a high heat for 1 minute until heated through. Serve garnished with coriander.
Sweet and sour pork (new)
Sweet and sour pork (original)
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 6g
–Saturated fat 1g
Dietary fibre 6g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information