Sweet and sour pork
(at time of publication)
- 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- cooking spray oil
- 500g lean pork scotch steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut in 3cm pieces
- 1 ½ cups snow peas, halved or other greens such as spinach
- 400g rice noodles, cooked, to serve
1 To make sauce, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, tomato sauce, soy sauce, cornflour and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
2 Spray a wok with oil. Brown pork in batches over a high heat for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3 Add onion and capsicum to wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pineapple pieces. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add sauce, snow peas (or other vegetables) and pork to wok. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Serve over rice noodles.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tomato sauce, soy sauce (or use tamari) and cornflour.
More sweet and sour recipes you may like:
Sweet and sour pork (original)
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information