Sweet and sour pork
- 225g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornflourcornstarchX
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- cooking spray oil
- 500g lean pork scotch steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 large red onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut in 3cm pieces
- 1 ½ cups snow peas, halved or other greens such as spinach
- 400g rice noodles, cooked, to serve
Log In or Sign Up to save this recipe to your shopping list.
1 To make sauce, combine pineapple juice, vinegar, tomato sauce, soy sauce, cornflour and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
2 Spray a wok with oil. Brown pork in batches over a high heat for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
3 Add onion and capsicum to wok. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add pineapple pieces. Stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add sauce, snow peas (or other vegetables) and pork to wok. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Serve over rice noodles.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free tomato sauce, soy sauce (or use tamari) and cornflour.
More sweet and sour recipes you may like:
Sweet and sour pork with noodles
Sweet and sour pork (original)
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 9g
–Saturated fat 3g
Dietary fibre 3g
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.