Marinated tuna and avocado bowl
- 90g fresh tuna (or another firm fish such as kingfish), chopped in bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin (see tips)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sriracha or other chilli sauce
- ¼ cup edamame
- 2 stalks broccolini, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 2 tablespoons avocado flesh
- ¼ cup cooked brown rice
1 In a bowl, toss tuna with soy sauce, mirin, oil and sriracha to coat. In a pot or microwavable dish, blanch or microwave edamame and broccolini. Set aside to cool.
2 In a bowl, arrange all vegetables, tuna and rice. Garnish with any extra marinade and some shichimi, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce, mirin and chilli sauce are gluten free.
If you can’t find mirin, use ½ teaspoon sugar instead.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Food Guide All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
Sign up for the newsletter
Delicious recipes and expert health advice you can trust, delivered to your inbox.
Sign up to receive the latest dietitian-approved recipes and expert advice!
More recipes you may like
Pasta, rice and noodle dishes