Marinated tuna and avocado bowl
- 90g fresh tuna (or another firm fish such as kingfish), chopped in bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mirin (see tips)
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon sriracha or other chilli sauce
- ¼ cup edamame
- 2 stalks broccolini, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled in ribbons
- 2 tablespoons avocado flesh
- ¼ cup cooked brown rice
1 In a bowl, toss tuna with soy sauce, mirin, oil and sriracha to coat. In a pot or microwavable dish, blanch or microwave edamame and broccolini. Set aside to cool.
2 In a bowl, arrange all vegetables, tuna and rice. Garnish with any extra marinade and some shichimi, if desired.
Make it gluten free: Check soy sauce, mirin and chilli sauce are gluten free.
If you can’t find mirin, use ½ teaspoon sugar instead.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information