Open chicken salsa burgers
(at time of publication)
- 300g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle or chilli sauce
- 1 wholegrain burger bun, split in half and lightly toasted
- 1 cup prepared slaw mix (no dressing)
- handful coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place chicken breasts and on prepared tray and cook for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa. In a bowl combine tomato, capsicum, olives, red onion, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine yoghurt and chipotle sauce. Mix well. Shred chicken breast and add to yoghurt mix. Stir gently to combine.
- Top toasted bun halves with slaw, chicken yoghurt mixture and salsa. Garnish with coriander. Serve with any leftover slaw on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free buns and check chipotle or chilli sauce is gluten free.
Double this recipe to serve 4 or make leftovers for lunch.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information
Get the latest recipes, health news, expert nutrition tips & more…
Your privacy is important to us