Open chicken salsa burgersReviewed by our expert panel
(at time of publication)
- 300g skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chipotle or chilli sauce
- 1 wholegrain burger bun, split in half and lightly toasted
- 1 cup prepared slaw mix (no dressing)
- handful coriandercilantroX, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place chicken breasts and on prepared tray and cook for about 15 minutes, until cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, prepare salsa. In a bowl combine tomato, capsicum, olives, red onion, vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine yoghurt and chipotle sauce. Mix well. Shred chicken breast and add to yoghurt mix. Stir gently to combine.
- Top toasted bun halves with slaw, chicken yoghurt mixture and salsa. Garnish with coriander. Serve with any leftover slaw on the side.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free buns and check chipotle or chilli sauce is gluten free.
Double this recipe to serve 4 or make leftovers for lunch.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 11g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 8g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information