Caramelised miso eggplant and tofu stir-fryReviewed by our expert panel
- 2 tablespoons red miso paste (see tips)
- 2 tablespoons Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon brown sugarlight brown cane sugarX
- 250g firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 large eggplantaubergineX, cut into cubes
- 2 x 250g pouch microwavable brown rice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, to serve 4 cups steamed broccolini or
- broccoli, to serve
1 In a bowl, combine miso, rice wine and brown sugar with ½ cup water. Add tofu and eggplant and toss to coat.
2 Spray a non-stick frying pan or wok with oil and set over a high heat. Add eggplant and tofu, reserving sauce. Stir-fry until eggplant is tender and tofu is golden. Reduce heat to medium and add reserved sauce. Simmer 1–2 minutes, or until sauce reduces and thickens.
3 Meanwhile, heat rice according to packet instructions. Sprinkle stir-fry with sesame seeds and serve with rice and broccolini.
Make it gluten free: Check miso and tofu are gluten free.
Make it low FODMAP: Use rice wine instead of sherry, limit eggplant to 150g per serve, and use broccoli not broccolini.
Red miso paste is found in the Asian aisle of supermarkets. Red miso is slightly stronger in flavour than white.
NOTE: If you have a nut allergy and are using packaged goods in recipes, please check the allergen warning on the packet regarding nuts.
Nutrition Info (per serve)
Total fat 12g
–Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
© Healthy Life media Limited. All rights reserved. Reproduction without written permission prohibited.
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information